Are you thinking of bringing a Betta fish into your life?
Or, have you been keeping a Betta in a vase or fishbowl and looking to make your fish happier by putting him in a bigger tank?
Many misinformed Betta owners and pet store employees will tell you that Bettas can be kept in small fishbowls and require very little maintenance.
While they aren’t difficult to care for, there are some things you need to think about when creating the perfect home for your Betta and caring for him throughout his life.
First and foremost is the tank that you get him. Betta’s generally shouldn’t be kept in tanks smaller than 2.5 gallons (though a little smaller is okay if you’re willing to do some additional maintenance). 5 gallons is even better.
— Aquarium Talks (@AquariumTalks) February 8, 2017
You also need to outfit the tank properly.
Adding a Betta tank filter will help remove toxins from the water and keep your Betta healthy. An affordable aquarium heater will maintain the tropical temperatures that Bettas need. And throwing in Betta fish tank accessories like plants, decorations, and places to explore and hide, will make your Betta comfortable in his new home.
These 12 best Betta tanks will give you a great start on caring for your Betta, and will let you do so in a package that looks great and helps you show off your beautiful pet.
- 1. Marineland ML90609 Portrait Aquarium Kit, 5-Gallon
- 2. GloFish 29045 Aquarium Kit with Blue LED light, 5-Gallon
- 3. Tetra 1.8 Gallon Waterfall Globe Aquarium Kit
- 4. Fluval View Oval Plastic Aquarium, 4 Gallon
- 5. BioBubble Wonder Bubble Tunnel Kit, 1.5 Gallon
- 6. Fluval SPEC Desktop Glass Aquarium, 2-gallon
- 7. Fluval Spec V Aquarium Kit, 5 Gallon
- 8. Fluval Spec III Aquarium Kit, 2.6 Gallon
- 9. Marina Betta Aquarium Kit, 1.77 Gallon
- 10. Fluval Edge Aquarium with LED Light, 6 Gallon
- 11. Penn Plax Vertex Aquarium Kit, Desktop Size 2.7 Gallon
- 12. Marina 360-Degree Aquarium Starter Kit, 2.65 Gallon
- Final Thoughts On Finding The Best Betta Fish Tank
Let’s start with 3 Cool Betta Fish Tanks!