The Rio gets a 4.1 Star rating on Amazon, you can click here to read the reviews on Amazon.
One awesome feature is that it has two sponge compartments, this allows you to use one compartment with a small filter bag and rotate it between activated charcoal or Nitrazorb keeping water fresh and clear.
The Rio Filter comes with a variety of attachments, most importantly a right angle connector and and ball joint exit . The sections are tight fitting out of the box, you may need to wet them to pop them apart.
7 Reasons To Buy The Rio Filter
- Small design Internal filter, takes up a little space inside the tank.
- Adjustable output, multiple water discharge options, and customization possible
- Various adapters included, to adjust direction of the water output.
- Choice of different filter media.
- Add different medias (sold separately) as long as you have nylon media bags (sold separately)
- Can be positioned vertically or horizontally
What We Didn’t Like About The Rio Filter
- Manual is to general, we had to find intructions on line.
- Aeration attachment manual is complicated to undrstand.