Are you looking for an aquarium light that won’t break the bank? Look no further than the Hygger aquarium light! This is a high-quality LED light with several customization options.
This review will cover the effectiveness of this light, its life expectancy, custom settings, cost, and power and voltage measurements. We will also look into its value for the money compared to a more expensive tank.
This is your guide to discover the features most important to you in an aquarium light. If you are unsure where to start or know precisely what you want but not whether the Hygger light measures up, this review is for you!
Lastly, to be fully transparent I want you to know I was contacted by Hygger and they sent me this Light and asked me to write this review. However, I have still provided an unbiased opinion of the light, its features and compared it to one of the top light brands which I also own and use on one of my aquariums.
I hope you enjoy it!
Note: If you want to try out the Hygger Light Click Here to sign up to our list and get a coupon code for %15 off you can use.
Hygger Aquarium Light Review Overview
The Hygger aquarium light is a cost-efficient option for your aquarium. While the customizations are not as in-depth as more expensive options, you will find that you still have a great deal of control over the settings.
In terms of basic functioning, the Hygger light delivers reliable, powerful light for your aquatic environment. In addition, it has one of the highest PAR readings throughout all aquarium depths.
This light has a few bonus features, as well. First, it is waterproof, eliminating your need to worry about dropping it into your tank. It is also easy to clean, easy to install, and has an adjustable length.
You will be surprised by the quality found in this cheaper alternative to popular lights, such as the Current USA. The Hygger aquarium light is an excellent purchase for anyone looking to upgrade their aquarium setup.
Hygger 24/7 Aquarium Light Full Review
Here, we will dive deep into all of the information you will need to make your decision. Keep in mind which aspects are must-haves on your list as you read about several aspects of the Hygger aquarium light.
What’s in the Box?
Your Hygger aquarium light purchase will include:
- LED light
- AC/DC power adapter
- Two metal brackets
- User manual
Tank size options range from 12”-18” up to 48”-54.”
Installation and Setup
Follow these steps to get your light set up:
- Check that all of the pieces are included in your box.
- Stretch both sides of the metal brackets until they are the length of your aquarium.
- Connect the power supply to the light, plug it in, and check the warning to ensure your drip loop is correct.
- Press the “M” button to turn on the light and press it for a more extended period to turn it off.
To program the DIY timer lighting mode:
- Press “M” to cycle through the light color options.
- Press “M” twice to get a 100% full spectrum tank light.
- Press “Timer” to set the lighting time.
- Press the button with two triangles and a diagonal line to adjust the brightness.
If you do not set these customizations, the Hygger aquarium light will automatically follow the default mode.
There are different options for lighting aquariums, and LED lighting (like that in the Hygger aquarium light) is an excellent one.
You can choose from two modes for lighting.
The default mode is set to mimic the sun all day long. You can adjust the start time, but this is how the timeline works when you first set up your light:
- 6-8 am: gradient orange light, meant to imitate a sunrise
- 8 am-6 pm: gradient white light
- 6 pm-10:50 pm: gradient blue light, intended to mimic natural moonlight
DIY mode allows for these additional customizations:
- Running time: 6, 10, or 12 hours
- This falls into the ideal time for fish to be exposed to light, which is 8-12 hours a day. The timer allows you to ensure that your sea creatures get the perfect amount of light, even if you’re not home, to turn it off after 12 hours.
- Brightness: five types and nine stages
- Color: white, red, blue, green, purple, orange, or cyan
LED bulbs are one of the most reliable types of lighting for aquariums. This aquarium lighting guide tells us that most can last as much as 50,000 hours!
Customer reviews have confirmed that this light is quite reliable. For example, one customer left the light at full intensity all day for an entire week and then on the 24/7 timer for another week. This customer reported that there were no issues during this period.
The Hygger light has premium 5050 and 2835 LEDs. These lights are so bright that your aquarium will glow the same color as the light setting used at the time.
Your Hygger aquarium light cost will depend on size. The following are your size options with their respective prices:
- 12”-18”: $27.99
- 18”-24”: $38.99
- 24”-30”: $47.99
- 30”-36”: $52.99
- 36”-42”: $57.99
- 48”-54”: $62.55
Keep in mind that prices may vary slightly depending on sale offers and where you buy it.
Another factor to keep in mind is the cost of running the light throughout the day. Because Hygger uses LED lights, you can be assured that the energy consumption will be low, saving you money.
Overall, this light is very inexpensive compared to similar LED light options.
|Input Voltage (V)||AC 100-240|
|Output Voltage||DC 20|
|LED Quantity (PCs)||58||98||115||138||158||215|
|Light Size (Inches)||12||18||24||30||36||48|
|Applicable Fish Tank Length (Inches)||12-18||18-24||24-30||30-36||36-42||48-54|
|Power Cord Length (Feet)||4.9+2.3||5.9+2.3|
Overall Pros and Cons
Here’s a quick recap of what’s good and bad about this light model so you can tell at a glance if it’s the right product for you.
- Long life expectancy
- Appealing glow for your aquarium
- Less expensive than many other aquarium lights
- Excellent PAR
- Many sizing options
- A limited number of colors to choose from
- Lacks the ability to mimic weather conditions, like cloudy or stormy
- No remote control
How Does It Compare to Other LED Lights?
As you may know, Current USA Satellite Freshwater LED lights are one of the most expensive on the market. This is primarily due to the additional customization options.
For example, you can choose from many colors and set your favorites in the two memory slots.
There is also a remote control for setting the timer and different weather effect settings, such as cloudy, stormy, and others. The remote provides control over the daytime and nighttime settings, as well.
However, several customization options in Current USA lights are also included in Hygger aquarium lights, which are much less expensive.
Hygger’s lighting time, color, and brightness can be adjusted to a lesser extent than the Current USA. Both lights include 15-minute transition periods as the lights turn on, which gradually become brighter. This allows the eyes of your fish to adjust rather than taking them by surprise.
Hygger has the advantage in size options. While you have six sizes to choose from with Hygger, you have only four options from the Current USA. As you will find in the following section, Hygger also has higher PAR readings than the Current USA.
Photosynthetically active radiation, or PAR, is light that photosynthetic organisms use. Usually, they receive this light from the sun, so it is crucial to have PAR lighting in your aquarium to compensate for the lack of sunlight in your home.
The amount of PAR should be measured at different water levels in your aquarium so that you know it is reaching every inch and every organism:
- At the water’s surface, the Hygger aquarium light has a PAR reading of 408.
- By 11 inches deep, this light has a PAR reading of 140.
- By 19 inches deep, its PAR reading is 103.
These measurements are higher than the following aquarium lights:
- The current USA, which ranges from 71 to 350
- Nicrew, which ranges from 80 to 315
- Beamswork, which ranges from 43 to 250
- Fluval has higher readings, ranging from 148-850
There is a dimmer on the Hygger light, which allows you to turn down the PAR if you find too many algae at the highest setting.
Tired of manually turning your aquarium lights on and off every day? The Hygger Auto On-Off LED Aquarium Light offers a convenient and energy-efficient solution. Discover how this innovative lighting system can enhance your aquarium’s appearance while making your life easier in our detailed Hygger Auto On-Off LED Aquarium Light review.
Now, you have all the ammunition you need to make a well-informed decision. If you are looking for a reliable, effective light with basic customization options, the Hygger aquarium light is perfect for you.
With this light, you will never have to worry that your aquatic life is suffering from a lack of sunlight. Plus, the color and brightness options make the tank not only a comfortable environment for the organisms inside but also a very appealing, decorative piece in your home.
You also have many options for the size of the tank, allowing you to upgrade or downgrade your tank as needed without buying a new light.
Don’t Forget: If you want to try out the Hygger Light Click Here to sign up to our list and get a coupon code for %15 off you can use.
- How Many Glofish In A 20 Gallon Tank - December 4, 2023
- Ensuring the Right Water Temperature for Your Betta Fish: A Comprehensive Care Guide - December 4, 2023
- Top Aquarium-Safe Silicones: Ensuring the Health of Your Fish - December 4, 2023