I hope you love the products I recommend! By the way, any links on this page that lead to products on Amazon or other retailers are affiliate links and I earn a commission if you make a purchase. Thanks in advance for your support!
With that out of the way.
When it comes to aquarium filters every now and again a great idea comes along from someone who has been in the industry for a very long, long time.
The latest innovation to canister filters comes from Eheim who has a long history of having one of the best and most reliable filter designs you can buy.
Now with the Eheim Pro 4+ they very well may have just created a beast.
Eheim Pro 4 What’s New?
One thing you’ll notice when you compare the newly update Eheim Pro 4 600 with the Eheim Pro 3 is they look very similar.
Eheim Professionel 4+ 600 Canister Filter
Eheim Professionel 3 Canister Filter
However, the Eheim Pro 4+ has a few great upgrades over the pro 3 that we will go over below.
Upgrade #1 – Black Is The New Black
The Eheim Pro 4 600 comes with all black equipment instead of the classic Eheim green. The black tubing and equipment hide much better which looks great in your tank.
All black tubing and equpment looks great.
Black intake tube and spray bar.
The black spray bar looks great and almost invisible mounted on your tank.
Upgrade #2 – Xtender Control Function
Eheim describes the Xtender feature like this:
“If the media (fine filter pad) becomes blocked, the flow rate can be increased using the control function. The water will be re-directed but the biological filtration will be maintained – allowing the cleaning of the filter to be postponed for a few days.” Source Eheim
Eheim Pro 4 Xtender Control Function
Upgrade #3 – Awesome New Eheim Media
The Eheim Pro 4 comes with all the media you’ll need to get started right away.
Eheim Pro 4 Media.
New Eheim Pro 4 Media.
One of the best features of this filter are the two new media types that are included with the filter.
The first is the Mech Pro:
Benefits of the Mech Pro filter media by Eheim.
The second is the Bio Mech:
Benefits of the Bio Mech filter media by Eheim.
How Many Gallons Can The Eheim Pro 4+ Handle?
The Eheim Pro 4+ comes in three different capacities the 250, 350 and the 600.
- The 250 Eheim Pro 4 good for tanks up to 65 gallons.
- The 350 Eheim Pro 4 good for tanks up to 95 gallons.
- The 600 Eheim Pro 4 good for tanks up to 160 gallons.
Benefits Of The Eheim Professionel 4
Below we will go over the advantages of the Eheim Professionel 4+ Series Canister Filter (Via Eheim.com):
- For aquariums from 30 gallons to 160 gallons.
- Additional control function (Xtender) to counteract blocked filter media and extend intervals between cleaning
- Square canister for high stability and large filter volume
- High flow capacity with low energy consumption
- Adjustable pump output.
- High-performance ceramic axle guarantees quiet running and durability
- Integrated self-priming aid to initially prime the filter
- Safety hose adapter can only be removed when the valves are closed
- Top prefilter effectively traps large dirt particles and allows for longer service intervals. Simple to remove and easy to clean.
- Individually filter baskets with „Easy Clean“ grid
- Fully equipped with original EHEIM filter media and installation accessories.
Buy The Eheim Professionel 4+ Canister Filter
With all the benefits this canister filter has to offer the Eheim Pro 4+ 600 could very well be the best Eheim canister filter available.
More Popular Canister Filter Brands
Need Help Finding A Canister Filter? Our Guide Can Help You Find The Best Canister Filter For Your Aquarium And Your Needs. We’ve Reviewed All The Top Brands From Fluval, Ehiem, API, Marineland, And More.
- Easy Steps To Cleaning A Betta Fish Tank - July 17, 2022
- 40 Best Fish For Stocking A 20 Gallon Tank – Ideas & Combinations You Can Copy - May 25, 2022
- How To Lower Ammonia Levels In A Fish Tank [10 Effective Ways] - May 25, 2022