It’s that time of the year when we take a look at what Filters, Heaters, Lighting and Fish Supplies have been popular with our readers over the last few months.
Please Note: To comply with Federal Trade Commission (FTC) regulations this post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Additionally, as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The following is a compilation of the most purchased items on Amazon – by the TFCG community.
Popular Aquarium Filters.
Suprisingly we see the Tetra Whisper Filters holding down spots 1, 3&4.
However Kollercraft Tom Mini Aquarium Filter is making a strong case for top spot in this category with sales between the two brands almost equally split between the two.
As expected we see entry level filters at the top of the list with the higher capacity filters lower down.
- Tetra 25846 Whisper In-Tank Filter with BioScrubber, 1 to 3-Gallon
- KollerCraft TOM Aquarium Mini Internal Filter, 45 GPH
- Tetra 25816 Whisper In-Tank Filter with BioScrubber, 3 to 10-Gallon
- Tetra 26316 Whisper Filter PF10, 5-10-Gallon
- Rio Mini 90 Internal Power Filter for Aquarium
- Aqueon 10-Gallon QuietFlow Internal Filter, Mini
- AZOO Mignon Filter 60
- Zoo Med Nano 10 External Canister Filter, up to 10 Gallons
- AquaClear 20 Power Filter – 110 V, UL Listed
- Aqueon 06080 QuietFlow 10 Power Filter, 100GPH
- Marina S10 Power Filter
Popular Aquarium Heaters.
Hydor and Aquartop are by far the most popular brand of aquarium heater with 8 of the top 10 spots going to either Hydro or Aquatop. With The most common wattage being the 50W heater.
- Hydor 7.5w Slim Heater for Bettas and Bowls, 2 to 5 gal
- Aquatop GH50 Aquarium Submersible Glass Heater, 50-Watt
- Hydor 25W Submersible Glass Aquarium Heater
- Hydor 50W Submersible Glass Aquarium Heater
- ViaAqua 50-Watt Quartz Glass Submersible Heater with Built-In Thermostat
- Aquatop Aquarium Glass Submersible Heater, 300-Watt
- Aquatop GH75 Aquarium Submersible Glass Heater, 75-Watt
- Aqueon 06105 Pro Heaters Submersible Aquarium Heater, 50-Watt
Popular Aquarium Thermometers.
With thermometers we didn’t really see a top brand and the total sales were roughly the same from brand to brand.
However, the popularity of digital thermometers seems to be rising. Brands like the HDE LCD Digital Fish Tank Aquarium Thermometer saw a big jump.
When it comes to thermometers, it really boiled down to (no pun intended) preference for digital, floating (Pictured Right) or the good old sitck on the side of your tank (liquid crystal) thermometer.
- Marina Floating Thermometer with Suction Cup
- American Thermal Horizontal Aquarium Thermometer (2 Pack)
- Exo Terra Liquid Crystal Thermometer
- HDE 2 Pack LCD Digital Fish Tank Aquarium Thermometer
- HDE LCD Digital Fish Tank Aquarium Thermometer
- JW Pet Company Smart Temp Standing Thermometer Aquarium Accessory
- Liquid Crystal Horizontal Aquarium Thermometer
- Penn Plax Floating Aquarium Thermometer
Popular Aquarium Air Pumps.
As expected the Tetra brand ranked very high in this category.
Although Tetra has dropped down to second spot it is clear from past lists that the Tetra Whisper Air Pump is by far the pump of choice by hobbyists.
Notable is the top spot going to the SunSun UV Submersible Pump (Picuted right) which could really be in it’s own category for UV sterilizers.
However it did very well when compared to air pumps across all brands.
- SunSun JUP-23 13W UV Sterilizer Submersible Pump 1
- Tetra 77855 Whisper Air Pump, 100-Gallon 1
- JW Pet Company Fusion Air Pump 200 Aquarium Air Pump
- Lookatool® New Ultra Silent High Out Energy Efficient Aquarium Air Pump Fish Tank Oxygen AirPump
- Marina LED Curtain Betta Aquarium Air Pump, 21-Inch, Blue